“MobilPRO – Innovation and Mobility” 2018 edition will take place between
17 March – 18 March , 2018
“MobilPRO – Innovation and Mobility” contest organizers are:
Polytechnic University of Bucharest (UPB),
Faculty of Electronics, Telecommunications and Information Technology (ETTI)
Electronics Students League (LSE) from ETTI.
MobilPRO 2018 Schedule
- 5th edition Opening 6 November 2017 – 12 November 2017
- PHASE 1 of Registration 13 November 2017 – 22 December 2017
- PRESELECTION 23 December 2017 – 07 January 2018
- PHASE 2 of Registration 08 January 2018 – 29 January 2018
- PRESELECTION 30 January 2018 – 4 February 2018
- PHASE 3 of Registration 5 February 2018 – 26 February 2018
- PRESELECTION 27 February 2018 – 4 March 2018
- THE OFFICIAL OPENING MobilPRO 2018 16 March 2018
- FINAL STAGE 17 March – 18 March
- The announcing of the awards 18 March
What is MobilPRO?
MobilPRO – Innovation and Mobility project is based on an annual contest of ideas and mobile applications, which starting with 2016, became an annual contest for ideas and software applications’ and starting this year is an international competition.
MobilPRO is an initiative started in 2013 by members of Electronic Students League (LSE) and professors from Faculty of Electronic, Telecommunications and Information Technology (ETTI), UPB, and the first edition of it took place in March 2014.
At this moment, the project has three components:
- Training and activities center: Laboratory and freely chosen discipline in the Faculty of Electronic, Telecommunications and Information Technology, UPB
- Software developers community: Online platform – forum
- Ideas and software applications contest: Annual contest organized in March, in UPB
Each edition of the contest will have specific requirements, adjusted to every years’ edition identified tendencies. In MobilPRO – Innovation and Mobility, 2018 edition, we introduced three distinct themes:
- SECTION 1 – Smart Health (CONCEPT + DEMO + PRESENTATION)
It is the first time when this theme takes part of the contest and we ask for the project idea and both for
the implementation of it, as well. In this section the focus will be on the quality of the proposed software or hardware architecture and the innovative potential of the idea.
- SECTION 2 – Million Dollar Idea (CONCEPT + DEMO + PRESENTATION)
We accept all types of mobile applications and their grouping is made after the list of applications that passed the stage of prejudging is completed. Participants should prepare both a formal presentation of the idea and a demonstration of operation of the implemented applications.
- SECTION 3 – Smart Travel (CONCEPT + DEMO + PRESENTATION)
This year’s edition, MobilPRO 2018 , includes this section for the first time and asks competitors
for a practical implementation of their idea while mainly focusing on the quality of the software or hardware architecture used and the innovative potential of the idea.
None of the suggested themes forces any limitation in terms of technology, platform or programming language used.